Alyssia Lin, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC
I believe that no two people are alike, and therefore each person needs to be seen as an individual and listened to. One treatment modality that may have helped another with a similar issue on “paper” may not be appropriate for another. We are a team and as such we can work together to find a better quality of life for our patients.
There is a time and place for everything. A time for medicine, whether it is pharmaceutical or interventional or for the traditional ways; such as acupuncture, herbals, nutrition, or movement such as Tai Chi, Yoga or physical therapy. Mental Health is also a key part to pain management.
I was 5 years old when I realized I wanted to work in the healing arts. I became a gym instructor, then ran a gym, to celebrity clients in a city I didn’t know near the Gold Coast of Australia. (Oops! Sorry, I didn’t recognize the equivalent to the Tom Brady at the time!). I traveled into Asia after and learned to see healing arts in many forms. I then had the opportunity to live in the Kingdom of Tonga and ran a Chinese Medical Clinic. Later, this Australian girl had now made New Hampshire her home and became a 911 Intermediate Emergency Medical Technician for the city of Manchester, NH. During that time, I knew I wanted to do more for my patients and went on to study for my Nurse Practitioner, I have worked extensively with Geriatrics, Hospice, Psychiatric care and wound care. Many of my patients have had concurrent substance issues as well as acute illnesses too. I feel that I now have the best job in the world.
Professional Certifications & Associations:
- ANCC Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certified
- ANA & NHNA
- BLS, CPR & AED for Healthcare Provider
- New Hampshire Providers Association Member (represents Alcohol & other Drug Service Providers)
Other Professional/Educational Achievements:
- 911 Emergency Technician Intermediate for Manchester
- Volunteer Firefighter Australia
- Currently working on Certification for Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider (CMHIMP)
- MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, Regis College, Weston MA, May 2012
- BS, Nursing, Regis College, Weston MA, May 2011
- BA (Fine Arts), University of South Australia, Australia, 1994
“When I’m not treating my patients, I enjoy… trying to adapt my knowledge of Australian gardening to the four seasons of the New England climate as well as the wildlife challenges. I love history and have a passion to explore so what better place to call home than New England? Two years ago, Lucan, a yellow Labrador became my first dog ever. He is that perfect ray of sunshine as his means.”
Joined Granite State Pain Associates: 1/20/2020
May be seen in: Merrimack