Catherine Coolidge, APRN
“I believe pain is best managed by using a comprehensive multi-modality approach. It only stands to reason that complex problems usually require complex solutions. It is not just about the injections or blocks or implants or medication. In order to obtain lasting relief and long-term restoration of function, it is best to take a holistic approach utilizing both traditional and alternative treatment strategies as appropriate, and often simultaneously.”
Herbal remedies for migraines and arthritic conditions; anti-oxidant and nutritional supplements for patients with fibromyalgia; and mental health and its influence on pain perception and suffering
I have always wanted to directly help people in need, and what better way than to work as a nurse practitioner in a high quality chronic pain clinic? I think that chronic pain is often vastly under-treated and unnecessary suffering is the result. I believe that even the most severely afflicted can maintain acceptable quality of life and be productive members of society with good pain management.
Before joining Granite State Pain Associates I worked in the Cardiac Care Unit of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, as Nurse Liaison and RN at Dover Rehabilitation and Living Center.
Professional Certifications & Associations
- ANCC Board Certified in Pain Management
- ANCC Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Member of American Society for Pain Management Nursing, New Hampshire Nurse Practitioner Association and Headache Cooperative of New England
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
- B.S. in Nursing from the University of New Hampshire
- M.S. from Simmons College, with a focus on complementary and alternative methods of managing chronic pain
“When not treating patients, I enjoy… spending time with my family and three children. I also enjoy many outdoor activities such as walking, gardening, skiing and horseback riding.”
Joined Granite State Pain Associates: 2004
May be seen in: Somersworth, Newington and Merrimack